The overall purpose of the Friends of the Storey Gardens (FOSG) is to preserve and enhance the Storey Gardens for the benefit of the community.
FOSG are made up of supporters from different backgrounds with various interests including heritage, environment and culture. The group relies on the work of its volunteers who contribute to the activities of the Friends in a number of ways:
- Giving a financial donation to support ongoing, long term maintenance of the gardens.
- Spending time working in the gardens. We welcome anyone who is willing to give time and we have experienced gardeners who can direct those with little or no knowledge.
- Co-ordinating the organisation of special events
- Photographing and documenting developments.
- Raising awareness of the gardens by publicity through this website and social media, and staging special events in the garden.
- Hosting educational visits by school children and other groups.
If you would like to work in the gardens go to the Gardening page for more information and contact details
For other enquiries go to the Making Contact page of this website.