The Friends of the Storey Gardens are made up of supporters from different backgrounds with various interests including heritage, environment and culture. The group relies on the work of its volunteers who contribute to the activities of the Friends in a number of ways:
- Signing a membership form to show support for the work of the Friends.
- Giving a financial donation to support on going/long term maintenance.
- Spending time working in the gardens. We welcome anyone who is willing to give time and we have experienced gardeners who can direct those with little or no knowledge.
- Stewards for open days and events. We currently rely on volunteers to be in the space for the gardens to be open to the general public.
- Planning: We hold monthly meetings in which those interested can meet to input on the work of FOSG and to suggest new ways forward.
- Project management: To oversee the strategy and work of redesigning and renovating the space.
- Photographing and documenting developments.
- Writing newsletters and developing supporting media platforms.
If you are interested in becoming involved in any way please don’t hesitate to contact us for a chat, or come along to one of our monthly meetings.
The present Chair is Rachel-Ann Powers, who can be contacted via email firstname.lastname@example.org