The overall purpose of the Friends of the Storey Gardens (FOSG) is to preserve and enhance the Storey Gardens for the benefit of the community.
FOSG are made up of supporters from different backgrounds with various interests including heritage, environment and culture. The group relies on the work of its volunteers who contribute to the activities of the Friends in a number of ways:
- Giving a financial donation to support ongoing, long term maintenance of the gardens.
- Spending time working in the gardens. We welcome anyone who is willing to give time and we have experienced gardeners who can direct those with little or no knowledge.
- Planning: We hold monthly meetings in which those interested can meet to input on the work of FOSG and to suggest new ways forward.
- Co-ordinating the organisation of special events
- Stewarding for special events in the gardens.
- Photographing and documenting developments.
- Publicising our activities through this website and social media.
If you are interested in being involved in any way please don’t hesitate to contact us via the Contact Us page of this website.
If you would like to support the Friends by becoming a member then click on Membership Form to download a form. Print the form and follow the instructions.
There is no membership fee for joining The Friends of the Storey Gardens but you are invited to make a donation. How to make a payment is explained on the membership form.