This is what we did in the Storey Gardens during April and May 2022
- Much of our work during these two months has been taken up weeding before the weeds developed seeds. We weeded the flower beds and some of the rings around the fruit trees.
- We commenced the work of removing the mound of soil and rubble in the Copper Beech Garden. This is the mound by the steps coming up from the Storey. When this is complete we can move the Plants for Sale to this area.
- Cutting away the grass by the hedge in the Copper Beech Garden. This will give a better defined bed in front of the hedge for plants.
- Cutting away the grass in front of the herb bed in the Copper Beech Garden to stop the grass encroaching.
- Weeding along the edges of the paths in order to show better the shape of the paths.
- Planting runner bean seedlings in the border by the Friends Meeting House.
- The Bay Project has planted runner beans behind the first hedge in the Bee and Butterfly border.