This is what we did in the Storey Gardens during January 2022
- Commenced substantial pruning of the privet hedge in the Copper Beech Garden. More to do in February
- Pruning of the four pear trees led by David Redmore. This included getting the Improved Fertility pear tree to stand upright
- Weeding and mulching around the pear trees after the pruning
- Prolific growth of ivy at the top of two large sycamore trees could cause the trees to fall in high winds. Therefore a band of ivy has been cut away from around the trunks so that the ivy higher up will die back
- Removed ivy from some of the walls in the Copper Beech Garden
- Yellow tulips planted in front of the repaired wall in the Copper Beech Garden
And here are some photos of the volunteers in action.